Posted on November 7, 2014 by sales4karnesco - Asheville, Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, CPE Weblink, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, New Subscribers, New Users, Raleigh, SiteIndex, Subscribers, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Uncategorized, Users, Western NC, WNC CPE
With only 2 months remaining in 2014, we reflect on new companies and brokers across North Carolina that have joined the past two months. We would like to welcome the following organizations and users, who will be utilizing the power of KARNES systems to make the remainder of 2014 a success!
Welcome New Members
- Karen Gleason at Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty
- John Purdie at Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty
- Sam Munday at NAI Piedmont Triad
- Tony Bates at NAI Piedmont Triad
- Tom Flanagan at NAI Piedmont Triad
- Nancy Cox at NAI Piedmont Triad
- Matt King at CBRE
- Mark Cartin at McColgan & Company
- Heide Foley at Sanur Brokerage
- Brian Shore at Bray Sales Agency, LLC
- Emmanuel Choice at Urban Equity Advisors, LLC
- Mark Mahoney at Colliers International
- Jeremy Owen at Steve Owen and Associates
- Robert Isner at NAI Piedmont Triad
- Katina Long at Coldwell Banker Commercial-MECA
- Ashley Blackburn at Greensboro Regional Realtors Association
- Jessica Jackson at Locus Real Estate Advisors, Inc.
- Pete Burgess at Burgess Management Corp.
- Michael Tuck at Grubb Properties, Inc.
- Mark Bloomer at ACT Realty Advisors, Inc.
- Deven Griffin at Colliers International
- Sherman Walters at National Restaurant Properties
- Frederick Maerkle at American Investment Brokers
- Spencer Bennett at The Meridian Realty Group, Inc
- William Yeager at Mosaic Community Lifestyle Realty
- Brownie Rogers at The Nichols Company
- Thomas B. Miller at Miller Development
- Vince Vickers at KW Commercial
- Chip Culler at Craven-Johnson-Pollock, Inc.
- Vince Simonetti at Sperry Van Ness/Commercial Real Estate Advisors
- Charles Mays at Coldwell Banker Commercial Triad
- Travis Carter at Koury Corporation
The following firms will also be utilizing the Weblink services provided by a KARNES system to power their website.
- Simpson Commercial Real Estate
- W. E. Damon & Associates
Not a subscriber? Contact our sales team today!
Last month we mentioned a limited seating event that you didn’t want to miss, and we would like to inform you that the NAIOP Triangle Bus Tour is SOLD OUT!!! The tour is a truly unique experience to see proposed, renovated, or under construction properties in the Triangle! NAIOP Triangle brought back its signature bus tour event that allows real estate professionals to gather the latest insight and “real time” data on office development in the Triangle.
KARNES is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of NAIOP Triangle and will be the exclusive data and research provider for the bus tour.
The bus tour will take place Thursday, October 9th from 9AM-4PM and includes lunch, all day parking, reception, and much more! For event details, please refer to the following link: http://www.naioprt.org/events.cfm
Posted on July 21, 2014 by info4karnesco - Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, Construction Update, Development, Durham, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, KARNES Perspective, KARNES Tri-City Report, Raleigh, Retail, SiteIndex, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Western NC, WNC CPE
A combined total of 144.8 million square feet of retail space was located within the Tri-City area at the end of 2013. With a retail inventory totaling approximately 60.7 million square feet, the Charlotte market was the largest of the three North Carolina retail markets, accounting for 42% of the retail inventory. The Triangle market ranked second with 46 million square feet of retail space, while the Triad maintained 38 million square feet of retail space. After declining to a historical low of 541,782 square feet in 2002, retail construction increased to nearly one million square feet in the Tri-City markets during 2013. New retail supply during 2013 was most pronounced in the Triangle region, where 693,982 square feet of new space was delivered. The Charlotte region ranked second with 231,680 square feet of new retail space completed during 2013, while the Triad region reported 38,000 square feet of new retail during 2013. Only the Charlotte region reported a continued decline in new construction from the level reported in 2012. While retail construction in the Tri-City area increased during 2013, the level of new supply remained well below the 2.6 million square feet averaged annually between 2008 and 2011.
The relatively low supply-side pressures from new construction allowed for vacancy rates to decrease in all of the Tri-City markets during 2013. At 8.0%, the Charlotte retail vacancy rate decreased 0.6% of a point during 2013 as net absorption totaling 494,986 square feet outpaced the 231,680 square feet of new supply. Despite the decrease, the Charlotte vacancy rate remained above the 6.9% reported in 2008. The Triangle retail vacancy rate decreased 0.4% of a point during 2013 as net demand totaling 849,391 square feet outpaced 693,982 square feet of new supply. The Triangle’s 2013 vacancy rate of 6.6% was the lowest of the Tri-City markets, but remained 0.1% of a point higher than the 6.5% reported in 2008. New retail supply totaling 38,000 square feet in the Triad market was outpaced by net demand totaling 386,123 square feet during 2013. As a result, the Triad retail vacancy rate decreased 0.9% of a point to 10.1% from the 11.0% reported at the end of 2012. Despite the decrease, the rate remained 0.5% of a point higher than the 9.6% reported at the end of 2010.
Posted on July 21, 2014 by info4karnesco - Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, Development, Durham, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, Industrial, KARNES Perspective, KARNES Tri-City Report, Raleigh, SiteIndex, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Western NC, WNC CPE
Karnes divides the industrial market is into two categories – warehouse and flex. At the end of 2013, the Tri-City markets contained a total of 105 million square feet of warehouse space and 34.6 million square feet of flex space. With over 52 million square feet of warehouse space, the Triad market accounted for approximately 50% of the Tri-City warehouse market. The Charlotte market ranked second with 34 million square feet, while the Triangle market maintained 18.4 million square feet.
The 178,250 square feet of warehouse space completed in the Triad market during 2013 accounted for all of the new warehouse space completed among the Tri-City regions. For the Triangle market, 2013 marked the fourth year in a row where no new warehouse space was delivered. Two warehouse buildings were delivered in the Triad market during 2013 with the largest being a 134,650-square-foot speculate building at 1023 Corporate Park Drive in Mebane. A total of only 564,738 square feet of new warehouse space was delivered in the Charlotte market between 2009 and 2013, while the Triangle market reported even less at 412,940 square feet. With the additional space delivered during 2013, total warehouse construction in the Triad during the same period totaled 469,750 square feet.
Posted on July 21, 2014 by info4karnesco - Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, Construction Update, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, KARNES Perspective, KARNES Tri-City Report, Office, Raleigh, SiteIndex, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Western NC, WNC CPE
A combined total of 117 million square feet of office space is located within the Tri-City area. Totaling nearly 50 million square feet at the end of 2013, the Charlotte market is the largest of the three North Carolina office markets. The Triangle market ranked second with 41.4 million square feet of office space, while the Triad maintained 25.7 million square feet of office space. After reporting a total of 1.48 million square feet of new office construction in the Charlotte, Triangle, and Triad regions during 2012, new supply came to a halt during 2013 and marked the first time in over 25 years that no new office space was completed in the combined Tri-City region.
The decrease in supply-side pressure allowed for gains to be reported in each of the Tri-City markets. The Charlotte market reported the greatest gains during 2013 as net absorption (demand) totaling 1.3 million square feet resulted in a 2.5%-point decrease in the office vacancy rate. The year-end 2013 rate of 14.8% in Charlotte was the lowest vacancy rate among the three markets, with the Triangle and Triad both reporting a rate of 15.0%. The year-end 2013 Triangle vacancy rate was 0.6% of a point lower than the year-end 2012 rate as net absorption totaled 204,615 square feet. The Triad region reported a 0.2% of a point decrease in vacancy during 2013 as net absorption totaled 162,219 square feet.
With net absorption totaling 1.3 million square feet, the Charlotte region reported the highest level of net demand during 2013. The Triangle region ranked second in terms of office demand during 2013 with net absorption totaling 204,615 square feet. The Triad market reported 162,219 square feet of net demand during 2013. Four office tenants occupied over 100,000 square feet in the Tri-City markets during 2013, with the largest tenant occupancy reported at Ballantyne – Gragg Building, where MetLife took 284,212 square feet. MetLife also accounted for the fourth largest gain as the company took 104,747 square feet of space at Ballantyne Three. Ballantyne Corporate Park also accounted for the largest contraction during 2013 in the Tri-City markets as AXA Equitable Life Insurance relocated from 152,000 square feet at Ballantyne – Rushmore One to 141,647 square feet at Innovation Park Building 202.
Posted on May 8, 2014 by info4karnesco - Asheville, Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, CRCBR, Durham, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, Industrial, New Subscribers, New Users, Office, Raleigh, Retail, SiteIndex, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Users, Western NC, WNC CPE
As April 2014 comes to an end, we reflect on new companies and brokers across North Carolina that have joined this past month. We would like to welcome the following organizations and users, who will be utilizing the power of KARNES systems to make 2014 a success!
Welcome New Members
- Wade Corbett at Re/Max Southland Realty II
- John T. Allred at Earnhardt & Associates Appraisers, Inc.
- Christopher Collins at RE/MAX Of Greensboro
- Samie Gupton at Discovery Realty Inc.
- Terry Henderson at Dixon Commercial Properties
- Matthew Greenspon at Marcus & Millichap
- Allison Blair at Blair Realty, LLC
- Jack Branch at The Benfield Group, LLC
- Tom Gregory at Lake Norman Realty, Inc.
- Vincent Howard at Brown Investment Properties
- H.R. Gallimore at RE/MAX CENTRAL REALTY
- Gloria Mitchell at Wilkinson Triad Realty
- Alan Weidt at Carolina Commercial Realty
- Kevin J. Doherty at Gibson Smith Realty Co.
- Susan Donaldson at West Norman Real Estate
- Chris Boone at Vineyard Capital Advisors, LLC
- Dennis N. Bunker III at Bunker Land Group, LLC
Not a subscriber? Contact our sales team today!
If you have not registered already, please register now for the SiteIndex training to be held in-person prior to the BrokerNet on Thursday, March 26th. This training will cover recent updates to SiteIndex as well as various key functions.
Training topics will include the following:
- Listing Management - Learn easily and effectively increase your marketing exposure on SiteIndex.
- Create Custom Brochures - A quick overview on how to create customized brochures tailored to your clients.
- Advanced Searching - Learn some of the fastest ways to locate the properties you want to find with advanced use of the Map Search with Polygons and Radii, as well as Filtering and Managing Results for tracking and delivery.
- Broadcast Emails - Brief overview of email etiquette and how to effectively market properties and advertise client needs.
- There will also be a brief demonstration of the iPad app for the SiteIndex!
This training will be held Thursday, March 27th, from 3:00 PM – 4:45 PM in the Theater Room at Wishart Norris Henninger & Pittman, PA, located at 6832 Morrison Boulevard. Registration for this training is available through SiteIndex using this link.
Join Managing Partners Andrew Jenkins and Brian Reece, Wednesday, March 19th, as KARNES and local commercial real estate professionals attend the 2014 CCIM Triangle Market Forecast. KARNES is pleased to be a Statewide Bronze Sponsor of this event, as well as the Charlotte Market Forecast, which will be held on April 9th. KARNES will be providing copies of our 3rd annual Tri-City North Carolina Commercial Real Estate Market Report at each of these events. Be sure to attend in order order to get your copy of this report, which provides provides an overview of the office, industrial, and retail markets in Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, and Raleigh-Durham NC during 2013.
Keynote speakers at the Triangle Market Forecast include:
John Jung – Regional Economy
Bob Hukill – Grandbridge
Steve Bell – Why Raleigh, Why Triangle
The event will be held at Embassy Suites in Cary. Registration and networking will begin at 11:10am, and the program luncheon will begin at 12pm.
Posted on March 13, 2014 by sales4karnesco - Charlotte, Commercial Property Exchange, Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point, New Subscribers, Office, Raleigh, Retail, SiteIndex, Triad CIE, Triangle, Triangle CPE, Western NC, WNC CPE
As the 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament begins in the near future, we reflect on new companies and brokers across North Carolina that joined a KARNES-powered commercial property exchange in February. We would like to welcome the following organizations and subscribers, who will be utilizing the power of a KARNES-powered commercial property exchange and WINNING in 2014!
Welcome New Members
- Warren Dumford at Mooresville Realty LLC
- Kenneth Leonard at RE/MAX CENTRAL REALTY
- Ty Chapman at Lake Norman Realty, Inc.
- Carter Worthy at Carter Worthy Commercial
- Gary Knox at The Knox Group, Inc.
- Jessica Brock at Longfellow Real Estate Partners
- Scott Beal at Coldwell Banker Commercial Triad
Not a subscriber? Contact our sales team today!
Managing Partner, Andrew Jenkins, will be in attendance at the CRCBR 2014 Deal Makers Awards Luncheon taking place today. KARNES is pleased to be the official audit firm for the CRCBR 2014 Deal Makers Awards.
According to the CRCBR website, the CRCBR Deal Makers Awards Program recognizes brokers and developers in the commercial real estate industry who have accumulated sales transaction volume over $2 million in 2013. Brokers are recognized in the categories of office, industrial, retail, land, and investment. Developers will be recognized in the categories of office, industrial, and retail.
The event will be held at The Westin Charlotte. Registration and networking will begin at 11:30 am, and the awards luncheon will begin promptly at 12:00 pm. Parking will be available at The Westin.